*Sponsored Post by Fagron South Africa*
How are your cells?
- Do you want to know your cellular age?
- Are you interested in delaying premature ageing?
- Would you like to be healthy as you age?
- Find out whether your lifestyle is what your body needs.
Environmental factors, lifestyle habits, late retirement, stress, or negative thinking are some of the factors that can affect our ageing.
The concern about healthy ageing, also called well-aging, has encouraged the finding of new tools to know our ageing.
Telomeres and premature ageing
Telomeres are structures of DNA present at the ends of chromosomes in the form of repeats. Its function is to protect the chromosome from genetic errors and external and internal damage.
Telomere length is one of the most accurate biomarkers of the passage of time in the body and keeping them long allows us to live longer and delay the onset of diseases1.
Telomere length is considered an ageing biomarker.
The longer the telomeres, the more likely you are to live longer and have a higher protection against degenerative diseases.
1Omer T. et al. for the Health ABC study, Association Between Telomere Length, Specific Causes of Death, and Years of Healthy Life in Health, Aging, and Body Composition, a Population-Based Cohort Study. The Journals of Gerontology: Series A, Volume 64A, Issue 8, August 2009, Pages 860–864.
What is TeloTestTM
TeloTest™ is a genetic test that measures the length of telomeres in order to quantify the degree of cellular ageing of the organism.
TeloTestTM is indicated to be used by:
- Men and women aged above 30 years old, that are concerned about their ageing process and looking for solutions to slow it down.
- Patients with a family history of early aging or development of medical conditions that contribute to it.
- Patients interested in having a specific and complete follow-up of their aging process during their life.
- Everyone that would like to obtain an effective and personalized anti-aging treatment.
- Telomere study and interpretation – You will get a full report with your cellular age and a suggested treatment.
- Totally personalized treatment – A personalized prescription created only for you.
- Specialized support – Your prescriber will now have a deep understanding of your genetic characteristics and how they are related to your aging, providing you with complete genetic and therapeutic advice
How does it work
- Consult with your healthcare specialist to get your TeloTest™ done.
- Your healthcare specialist will take your DNA sample from the inside of your cheek. This is a 1-minute procedure.
- Fill out the questionnaire together with your healthcare specialist.
- After 2 or 3 weeks visit again your healthcare specialist and you will get the results.
- Follow your personalized treatment according to the prescription of your healthcare specialist.
TeloTest™ Genetic test for telomeric length analysis
Telomeric length analysis: biological age evaluation.
Telomers are DNA structures present at the end of the chromosomes, under the form of TTAGGG tandem repeats. These structures protect the chromosomes from errors that can happen during cell-division cycle and against external and internal damaging agents.
The telomeres shorten in every cell-division cycle and the decreasing of its length is directly associated with ageing. In cases of early aging, telomeric length is often detected as shorter than expected, providing information about the degree of cellular aging of the body.
Telomeric length is one of the most relevant biomarkers related to body ageing. Being able to maintain longer telomeres is related to increased lifespan and retarding the development of age-related diseases.
How is telomere length measured?
Telomeric length is quantified with the quantitative PCR (qPCR) molecular technique, using a sample obtained by a buccal swab or saliva. This process follows strict quality-controlled protocols and is always carried in our certified laboratories.
Using this process, it is possible to evaluate the average telomeric length of a patient by comparison with the length of other known regions from his genome. This method has been largely described and used in thousands of patients, being one of the currently most used techniques and with higher repeatability and reproducibility values.1
1Lai TP, Wright WE, Shay JW. Comparison of telomere length measurement methods. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2018;373(1741):20160451. doi:10.1098/rstb.2016.0451
TeloTestTM is indicated to be used by:
- Men and women aged above 30 years old, that are concerned about their aging process and looking for solutions to slow it down.
- Patients with family history of early aging or development of medical conditions that contribute to it.
- Patients interested is having a specific and complete follow-up of their aging process during their life.
- Everyone that would like to obtain an eVective and personalized anti-aging treatment.
Contact Fagron South Africa for more information
Phone: +27 (0) 11 675 5331 / +27 (0) 79 692 7085
Rochelle is the founder and driving force behind Aesthetic Appointment. With a passion for the aesthetics and pro-ageing industry in South Africa, she has been in the aesthetic publishing industry since 2012, dedicated to creating a valuable platform for insights and knowledge, bridging the gap between patients and doctors - delivering reliable, medical-based information. Rochelle firmly believes in the power of a good skincare regimen, especially when started at home, and is committed to educating consumers about the myriad of treatments, procedures, and products available to them.